Sunday, November 08, 2015

Two poems by Veronica Marjon Van Bruggen on Alzheimer

Veronica Marjon Van Bruggen shared two original poems on Alzheimer.  If you are a publisher or an agent please contact her through Facebook.  She is a wonderful artist.  

"I thought I´d share two poems with you (I have eight) about caring for Alzheimer papients. They form part of an upcoming book with which I hope to be able to help care-givers understanding their own feelings in dealing with this desolate and difficult disease."
ALZHEIMER.
I know he knows ----
sometimes.
Nothing more to us but details now.
Besides, what´s life without
trips to the market,
the price of potatoes,
a good parking spot?
Little things matter, help in a shattered disorientated life.
Later I listen to my Il Volo disc.
Italian words move me, sung with excellence,
words are sounds, soothingly singing to me
Oh Lord, I wanted still so much more!
LOCKING – UNLOCKING
The truth with its big teeth
stared in the windows
the poisonous streetlight
that always poured in ----
I hid my face in his neck
my tears out of his eyes
we whispered: “I love you”
“I love you”
As if the ceremony of locking – unlocking
could keep out what stood at the door
the dangerous morning
the penitent kisses
the bowing in water
the drifting apart.
while my man slowly loses his mind.

No comments: